Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Hard Way

I bought a screen printing press about 3 months ago and I've finally had some time to use it recently. Luckily the new apartment has a basement perfect for what I need and I've been able to put together a pretty cool set up. A lot of screen printing is trial and error and I've spent many frustrating afternoons and sleepless nights trying to fix out problems in order to get the shirts printed in time. For the most part I've been printing pretty basic designs. Here are some photos of the more recent shirts.


This is a shirt I printed for my band. It's one of the earlier shirts I printed and is a very simple, straight forward image.




This was a last minute shirt I printed for a friend's band from Richmond, VA. They needed some shirts for a festival they were playing in Philadelphia and although I had to scramble to get these together, I feel like they came out pretty well.






This is a shirt I did for an indie band from Long Island called Weed Hounds. The bassist of this band also plays drums in my band. I really like the hand drawn artwork for these shirts. I was worried the image would not come out great since the lines were so fine, but they actually came out very nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment